Tuesday, April 08, 2008

Peru -part 1

As you know, I went on vacation to Peru. First we arrived in Lima airport, and I was so happy because my mommy master was there waiting for us! I jumped into her arms and gave her lots of kisses. We slept in Lima and left for the airport early the next morning to fly to Trujillo, my birthplace. I had such a great time there. I went to Huanchaco Beach several times. It is 15 minutes from the city. There are cool reed canoes called Caballitos de Totora, there from pre-Inca Mochica times, and the local fishermen still use them. I was happy to be back in the home of my master’s parents. I remembered everyone in the family, but there was a new member too. She is a boxer named Estrella (Star in Spanish). I think I mentioned her before. Well, I finally met her. She is going to be 2 years old this Friday. Estrella and I did not get along. She is very playful but she is so much bigger than me! I also think that she didn’t accept that I was in her territory, especially because sometimes I played with her toys. They had to keep us separated, even though we tried to play together a couple times. So I just continued with my regular routine and tried to ignore her. But she always kept an eye on me.
On my 10th birthday, I went to the beach and had so much fun. I played in the ocean and ran so much. We had lunch at a seaside restaurant, where I tried the grilled octopus that I told you about. Afterwards we went to walk on the pier.When I got home from the beach, I took a wonderful bath to get rid of all the sand and sea water. At night, my family surprised me with cake and ice cream and my gift. I think it was the best birthday ever!
[Spanish]
Como ustedes saben, me fui de vacaciones a Perú. Arribamos al aeropuerto de Lima y estuve muy contenta por que mi mami master estuvo ahí esperándome! Salte a sus brazos y le di muchos besitos. Pasamos la noche en Lima y temprano por la mañana volamos a Trujillo, la ciudad donde nací. Pase buenos momentos ahí. Fuimos a la playa de Huanchaco varias veces. La playa esta a 15 minutos de la ciudad. Hay unas canoas que se llaman Caballitos de Totora, son de los tiempos pre-Incas, de los tiempos de la cultura Mochica; la gente aún lo usa para pescar.
Me emociono estar devuelta en la casa de los padres de mi master. Yo recordaba a toda la familia, pero había un nuevo miembro. Es una perrita boxer llamada Estrella. Creo que la mencione antes. Este viernes cumplirá 2 años de edad. Estrella y no nos llevamos muy bien. Ella es muy juguetona y a la vez es mas grande que yo! También creo que ella no acepto que este en su territorio, especialmente porque a veces yo jugaba con sus juguetes.
Nos tenían separadas, pero tratamos de jugar juntas un par de veces, pero no funciono. Yo continuaba con mi regular rutina y trataba de ignorarla. Pero ella siempre me vigilaba.
En mi décimo cumpleaños, yo fui a la playa y me divertí mucho. Me bañe en el mar, jugué y corrí mucho. Almorzamos en un restaurante en la playa, ahí fue donde probé pulpo a la parrilla, se acuerdan que le conté? Después fuimos a caminar por el muelle.Cuando regresamos de la playa a la casa, me tome un buen baño para quitarme la arena y el agua del mar. En la noche mi familia me sorprendió con una torta, helado y mi regalo. Creo que este ha sido el mejor cumpleaños que he tenido.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , ,

29 Comments:

Blogger Gus, Louie and Callie said...

It looks like you had a wonderful time on your vacation...

Big Sloppy Kisses
Gus and Louie

4:44 PM  
Blogger Nano Frontera. said...

Qué lindo cómo me alegro que pasaras un cumpleaños tan feliz!! Ya estás en casa? sino seguí ignorándola quévaser! las fotos preciosas amiga.

4:47 PM  
Blogger Lenny said...

Buenos cumpleanos Girasol! I'm sorry I missed your birthday. It looks like you had a wonderful vacation!

My dad is going to Spain in June so I am going to tell him to practice his Spanish and read your blog too.

Your friend, Lenny

4:59 PM  
Blogger Gus, Louie and Callie said...

We like practicing for all kinds of wrestling. That is what we do best.

Have a great day...

Big Sloppy Kisses
Gus and Louie

5:00 PM  
Blogger Charlie said...

My Aunt Leslie crash-landed in Lima when she was paragliding over the city. Except for that part, she really liked it there. I'm glad you had such a good birthday. I'm going to lobby here for the same treatment!
- Charlie

5:11 PM  
Blogger Peanut said...

Oh what a lovely vacation it was. Sorry you didn't get along with the boxer in your family.

6:23 PM  
Blogger Maya and Kena said...

Hi Girasol!
Wow!! Peru looks great!! And it sounds like you had such a good time! The pictures look so professional!
Too bad you didn't get along with Estrella, but that happens.
Wags and licks,
Maya and Kena

7:36 PM  
Blogger Hammer said...

Hi Girasol
What beautiful photos of you at the beach. We're so pleased you had such a pawsome Barkday. It's a shame you did not get on with Star. She sounds grumpy.
Love from Hammer

8:49 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Que bueno verte aqui Girasol. Digo, en las fotos, pero aqui!

Eres una gran embajadora ;)

9:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Que lindo que es Trujillo... tengo fotos en esa misma playa :) y cuando estuve ahi fui a ver tambien unas ruinas de un palacio de la cultura moche... Me encantó!!! Tambien me traje unas ceramicas negras divinas que tengo en mi consultorio... jeje!

9:32 PM  
Blogger Lorenza said...

Hola Gira!
Que bueno saber que te la pasaste tan bien en Peru con tu familia!
Comiste pulpo?? Sabe bueno?? Nunca lo he probado y a mi mama no le gusta!
Es una pena que no te llevaras bien con Estrella pero bueno, esas cosas pasan a veces!
Besos
Lorenza

9:32 PM  
Blogger La pandilla said...

Felicidades Girasol , que lindas vacaciones Girasol y que linda playa que gans de pasear por alliiii :)
Que rico hayan sido dias en familia rodeada de amor y alegrias .
Un besote Girasol

9:33 PM  
Blogger Simba and Jazzi said...

What a beautiful beach. Looks like you had good fun there.

Simba x

3:56 AM  
Blogger Amber said...

Hi Girasol, glad you had such a wonderful time on your barkday in Peru. Playing at the beach and grill octopus. How sad you can't get along with Star.

Amber :)

5:29 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

lover power prefe.. que fantastico viaje..-
que playa
me da mucha envidia..
me alegra mucho que te lo hayas pasado tan bien..
volvio tu mama con vos????
te keremos

5:50 AM  
Blogger René said...

Menudo cumpleaños has tenido!! madre mia!!

Me alegro mucho que te hayas divertido tanto.

Patica guapa!

9:54 AM  
Blogger Spencer Arquimedes said...

que chevre las fotos en la playa se ve que la pasastes bien en el rico norte del peru.
saludos

3:47 PM  
Blogger Urban Smoothie Read said...

nice sandy beach at peru...

9:31 PM  
Blogger JAZZ AND DIXIE said...

Hi Girasol,
Your Birthday sounds like a dream. We are so glad that you had a good time back in your home country. Too bad about the new family member.
Nice pictures!
Licks
Jazz and Dixie

8:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Veo que pasaste muy bien en tu cumpleaños!!
Y que linda la playa.
Es una lastima que no lleven bien con Estrella...a veces pasa.
Patitas

9:20 AM  
Blogger Ferndoggle said...

What a great vacation!! I'm so jealous you got to run on the beach. I've never even seen one!!

Penny

12:58 PM  
Blogger Adelita said...

Wow Gira !! Todo esto que nos cuentas es tan bonito... y esas playas tan maravillosas...
Cuanto nos alegra que tu décimo cumpleaños haya sido inolvidable, y ójala todos los siguientes también lo sean.
Estamos desando ver más cosas de tu Perú

PAtitas

1:09 PM  
Blogger Byron y Xinver said...

pues nos encantaría conocer esas preciosas tierras

3:37 PM  
Blogger Amber-Mae said...

The beach! Hope you had a great time there!

Love licks,
Solid Gold Dancer

11:27 PM  
Blogger The Thuglets said...

Hello Girasol..we saw you on Ferndogle bloggie and thought we would drop by and meet you.

Looks like you had a great vacation!

Big Nose Pokes
The Thuglets +2

2:13 AM  
Blogger umekotyan said...

Good evening girasol.
The coast in Peru is water of a beautiful sea.
There is a wonderful birthday there.
It burns and it eats octopus's foot.
When it eats the lemon there putting it, it is delicious.
Wonderful time with memories of Peru. :)

from loved ume tyan

9:15 AM  
Blogger H.A. Turbofire, Sibertarian said...

Happy belated birthday to you! I really need to get me one of those beaches!

12:38 PM  
Blogger Bella said...

what beautiful pictures - I wish I was there too.
Happy belated 10th Barkday !!
Wuffs
Bella

2:12 AM  
Blogger GARGOLAS said...

A nosotros también nos asustó la foto de tu prima....

Saludos felinos!!

8:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home