Tuesday, January 30, 2007

It's going to be different

There is nothing better than having a pet store close by. Since I moved here to the United States (legally), I have gone shopping to the nearest pet store (Petco) on Washington Blvd. in Clarendon. The walk was very nice, and when we arrived to the store there was always water and a few treats. While my Masters were looking for my food to buy, I was looking at the toys, the clothes, and treats, and smelling the butts of other dogs. There were always dogs there with their owners so it was fun for me.

On Saturday we went to the pet store, and I had the sad surprise of finding the store half empty; I said to myself: something is not right here, this is not good.

So we bought all that we needed, and we were leaving, when we saw a sign hanging on their front door that said that the store would close its doors this Friday...forever! It was a shock for me. At that moment I started thinking: And now, what will become of these long walks to the store? Where will they buy my food? I will not be able to go to the shop to choose my toys, clothes, treats, etc.

My masters told me that we will still go on walks, but without going to the shop. About my food, they told me that they will go to another store by car, and as for my toys, they said that occasionally they would take me to another store in the car to see the latest canine fashion. I thought to myself: What do you mean occasionally? Oh well, that news makes me sad because I really had fun walking to the store. Now it's going to be different. My masters said that it’s going to be the same, but I know it’s not true.


[ Spanish ]
No hay nada mejor que tener un pet store cerca a casa. Desde que me mude aquí a los Estados Unidos (legalmente) he ido de compras al pet store más cercano a casa, y ese quedaba en Washington, Blvd. En Clarendon. La caminata era muy bonita y cuando llegaba al store siempre había agua y unos treats. Mientras mis amos veían la comida que me comprarían yo miraba los juguetes, la ropa, bocaditos, olía algunos perros que estaban ahí. Siempre había perros ahí con sus amos, era divertido.

El sábado nos fuimos al pet store y nos dimos la triste sorpresa de encontrar el store medio vacío. Yo me dije: algo pasa aquí, esto no esta bien.

Compramos lo que necesitábamos y al momento de retiramos vimos un papel colgado en la puerta que decía que el store cerraría sus puertas este viernes...por siempre. Fue un shock total para mí. En ese momento me puse a pensar: Y ahora que será de esas caminatas largas al store? Donde compraran mi comida? Ya no podré ir a la tienda a escoger mis juguetes, mi ropa, mis bocaditos, etc.

Mis amos me han dicho que seguiremos con las caminatas, pero sin ir a la tienda. Acerca de mi comida ellos me dijeron que iremos a otro store en el auto, sobre mis juguetes me dijeron que iríamos de vez en cuando a otro store para ver también lo último de la moda canina. Yo pensé: Qué quiere decir con de vez en cuando?. En fin esa noticia me ha puesto triste por que en realidad era divertido caminar al store. Ahora será diferente. Mi master me han dicho que será igual, pero se que no es verdad.

Labels: , , , , , ,

17 Comments:

Blogger Boo Casanova said...

oh girasol,

don't be sad, maybe you might have another LOOOOONGER walk!

wet wet licks

Boo

9:32 AM  
Blogger capitan said...

no te preocupes girasol porke tambien saldras a pasear en auto

9:03 PM  
Blogger Simba and Jazzi said...

Try doing some of the stuff thats not legal. Just a thought.

Simba xx

3:52 AM  
Blogger Billy (YES Casanova!!!) said...

Hi Girasol,

Sorry about the store, we don't have one like these where I live. I know there are tons of other stores out there so do not worry.

Hugs from Billy Boo

7:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Saludos y gracias por tus consejos. Ofelia

8:18 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

¿Cuentame como lo haces para poner las fotos chiquitas al lado? Ofelia

8:19 AM  
Blogger GARGOLAS said...

Oh! que pena es cuando nuestros sitios favoritos cierran sus puertas.

Abrazos felinos.

10:05 AM  
Blogger Pancho said...

che, hace mucho que no venía por acá...y me encuentro con que sos angloparlante también!! Menos mal que yo no me pongo a escribir en chino porque sino...la que se arma...

No te preocupes por la tienda. Si la scaminatas continuan y la comida la traen de otro lado...don't worry, be happy!

1:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Claro Gira que va a ser diferente !!! pero eso es lo lindo del mundo y de la vida !!! que siempre cambia y siempre hay oportunidades de conocer cosas nuevas!! vas a ver que te encantará!!!
Patita hermosa, y disfruta !!
Paula

4:28 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I hope u have got all that u n your Momma needed. And do have a look at this pet ecards

2:54 AM  
Blogger Adelita said...

Vayapordiós. Pero tu no te preocupes gordi. Seguirás paseando y comiendo cosas ricas.
Pero... algunos cambios no nos gustan nada ¿verdad?
PAtitas

4:17 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Pobrecita de mi amiga Girasol,no tenga tristeza por su Store,ud vera que aunque no este la store las caminatas seran lindas igual porque ira con la persona que mucho le quiere,recuerde eso ok.
( `·.¸♥
`·.¸ )
(.·´ ♥
`°. ♥
.*
(``·.¸(``·.¸ ¸.·`´)¸.·`´)
«´¨·.¸¸.♥ Lunita =^.^= ♥.¸¸.·´¨`»
(¸.·`´(¸.·`´ ``·.¸)``·.¸)

3:42 PM  
Blogger Nano Frontera. said...

Pero qué susto me dí, mujer digo vos Girasol! creí que no iba a poder leerte más juasssss menos mal que abajo se te pasó el temblor y empezaste a hablar como Dios manda jijii. Pero porqué tanto drama por un lugar que se cierra abren por suerte dos o tres, ya verás. Vos enseguida te enojás y creés que se termina el mundo. No es así preciosa ya verás como te gustan los nuevos lugares a los que te lleven. guabesoteeee

6:09 PM  
Blogger JAZZ AND DIXIE said...

Hi Girasol,
We were very sad to hear your news about the pet shop. That happened to me too. There was this very cool pet shop with all the toys in baskets that I could access very easily. I managed to score a new toy everytime we walked there. One day we went to show Dixie this fab pet shop to find that it had closed down forever!! I couldn't understand why the doors weren't open and just threw myself down on the ground and wouldn't budge. IT'S NOT FAIR!! We have since found another good pet shop for treat and toy shopping and hope that you too will find another one. Who knows maybe some great human will have the idea to open another pet shop around your area.
We have our paws crossed for you.
Licks
Jazz and Dixie.

4:09 AM  
Blogger umekotyan said...

Being not able to shop is an embarrassed thing.
The enjoyment of the stroll has seeing various towns, nature, and shops, etc.

From loved ume tyan

6:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Girasol
I just stopped by to say hello. You visited my blog that is all in Japanese. I was surprised to notice your message in mine and tracked your name. Here I am!

Cocona, Japan

7:49 AM  
Blogger Guillermo Ward said...

¿Qué fome lo de la tienda?. Gracias Girasol por tus comentarios. Te envio un gran lenguetazo desde Iquique. Acá si que hace calor ahora ya que estamos en verano, entonces las caminatas son sólo en las noches. Ofelia

2:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home